Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Our Story"

Something that we all do and don’t even know that we do is ask the newly engaged couple, "How, did it happen?" I am going to share with all of you how TJ asked me to marry him. TJ and I have been together now for 2 years. On September 12th, was our 2 year anniversary. TJ's nephew got baptized on Sunday which filled our day with plans. Thinking ahead, TJ and I had planned to spend Friday together since I have Fridays off :) We had made plans to go to the Zoo in the morning and then go to lunch at Blue, what a perfect day we had planned. Then life hits you with one of its great surprises, our 6 month old English bulldog Elwood, wasn’t feeling to well. I picked up on him not being himself so I was spending my "Getting Ready" time watching Elwood, while TJ was getting ready for the day we had planned. A few times TJ had told me to go get in the shower and start getting ready. I started to get ready only to find myself back by his side, we then tried to call the vet at 8:00, only to get turned down for a that day appointment, TJ came back in the room and was irritated that I haven’t moved, worried about Elwood’s condition and a little antsy (only to find out why later). I then started to tell him that I was really worried, Elwood never turns down food, never pees on him self while he is laying in bed and never cries when he has to get up. All of this leads me to have a break down in the living room. At this point TJ is worried with me about the dog, We then both tried to get him up to take him out to go potty.He let out a loud cry, which led me to tears. I then told TJ that I wasn’t going to do anything, I wanted to stay home and watch the dog. He then tried to comfort me and asked what he could do to make me feel better, that’s when I let out the truth "get him into the vet". I then sat back down with him while TJ called the vet; finally, we got him in. We then had an hour from the time we called to the time his appointment was. At this time it is now 12:00, we were suppose to be at the zoo by 9:00 and lunch to follow. Our lunch date to Blue turned into Jimmy Johns in our living room. After we finished up with lunch it was then time to load up Elwood and head to the vet. After arriving they knew that he was in pain, we took him straight into the room and waited. Keep in mind this was a squeezed in appointment, which meant we were going to have to wait. After 2 hours at the vet we finally got the answer we needed all morning, he really was sick, fever of 104 degrees and high white blood cell count. Only $256.00 dollars and 4 medications later we were out and on our way home. In the truck TJ asked me what I wanted to do, and said we still had time to go to the zoo. The only thing I wanted to do was go HOME! Once we got home I got the dogs taken care of, Elwood cant move on his own so we had to set up the living room to hang out in all evening that way we could be right with him. Finally, its time for me to breath, at this time TJ had asked me to come into the living room, when I got in there he grabbed my arm pulled me close to him and gave me a hug, we both started laughing about our day and how everything we had planned to do NEVER got done. He then told me how he was so glad that I was with him and that I mean the world to him and how lucky he is to have me in his life, (dropping down to his knees), I started to cry, I knew what this was and I knew what was next. I started to shake, and looked into his eyes at which I gave him the answer he was waiting for.... "YES" After all was said and done, we then sat on the couch and he told me what he had "Planned". All in all I love how he handled himself given his entire plan for the day was blowing up in his face. The most important thing to me was that he did it at home with our dogs! I wouldn’t of wanted this to happen any other way!

1 comment:

  1. Just an update! Elwood is doing much better, finally off all his meds and running around the house again.

    ReplyDelete